Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day One

Leaving Canada was very strange. The first obstacle was saying goodbye to my mom at the airport. But even though it was a difficult and tear filled farewell I managed to spot the humour as a Michael Jackson look-a-like came strolling by and I couldn't help but point him out. Whether he was a hired impersonator or just a massive fan was unknown but it definitely made the moment in time easier. 

Next it hit me. The "oh my, I'm actually leaving and not coming back for a long time." Well the longest I'VE ever been away from home. The feeling was quite delayed but that's when it decided to sink in. Then I read some amazing, loving and encouraging letters from a couple of friends and family. These made me cry.  When you leave the country for a long while, you really realize just how much you are loved by all the people around you.  It's not everyday you feel love like this. Not that I felt unloved before but people truly express what's in their hearts when you are about to leave and there is something very powerful about that. 

Luckily I didn't have to be too sad because in my carry-on...I had a delicious selection of my choice favourite chocolate products awaiting me to nibble on while I listened to music, read and watched some cheesy films.  

After the 9 hour ride in the sky. And here I now am writing to you on a 2 hour coach ride that is taking me to the Birmingham coach station where my cousin will be picking me up. 

And that my friends, is the first part of my journey in England. 

No comments:

Post a Comment