Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day Two

Today was fabulous.  After a terrific sleep from the night before I felt refreshed and ready to go.  Jet lag didn't conquer me! No sir! 
Oh and here's a brief snippet from what I got up to the first night back in England.
Got to Pete and Gemma's (cousin and his wife's place) and chilled with Pete and Gemma in the living room and watched a bit of tv. Wayne's World was on, always funny. Then we went over to Karen and Bob's for dinner (Pete's parents, also family) where I had "the best lasagne in the WORLD" as Pete says.
Everyone's mom's cooking is generally the best in the world so I wasn't going to argue that point. And it was rather good. It had the perfect amount of gooey cheese in it to make your belly happy and your taste buds smile.

Ah so back to today... First things first. We drove into town to get breakfast at about 9 am. I had a delicious cheesy and tomatoey omelette with hashbrowns and beans. Put a bit a of HP on the egg and and drank it down with a nice cold glass of orange juice. Then...We drove to Wales! What a great drive. So beautiful. Green and hilly and it very much reminded me of Ireland. We went to Barmouth and down to the water, also called the Irish Sea. Just gorgeous. I got shoved into the water fully clothed. Luckily, it wasn't an angry hormone enraged heavy weight wrestler pushing me or anything and the water wasn't that deep so I really only got my feet wet. The sand was as smooth as white sugar, hardly any rocks in it at all. Then we walked up and down the little sand dunes they had on the beach.
Then we went round to the cute shops and I bought a nice picturesque post card of the boats and the Irish Sea for a friend and then went and sat down and ordered some fruit juice or a J20 I believe it's called with my family.  Makes sense, instead of H20 for water its J for juice! Who would of thought!

Then we came back for pizza and I went for a jog around the neighbourhood by the canals!

I love the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment